Google

Monday, February 07, 2005

One BIG Next Step - My Driving License

For many months, since last year, I have worked hard on my driving. Lessons after lessons, and payments after payments. I grew from a shaky driver to one of more confidence and alertness.

I can still remember those days, where I feared the car rolling back, or having to control the clutch at its half-bite-point during U-Turn etc. I had trouble switching lanes, because I kept thinking that the car on the other lane wasn't really far enough for me to switch in (but it was waiting for me all the while!).

Today, I have with me my driving license in my wallet. My joy and my pride. I only have Jesus to thank for being faithful to me even during the test. I remembered it was shaky and I constantly was under some comments from the testor. Then came the moment when I walked with him to the room where he explained his evaluation. 14 points. I had 14 points. 20 constitute a failure. Praise God!

Today, I am a major shareholder of the yellow kangoo van my family has. It is my main mode of transport now. My father never fail to remind me of how cheap the diesel is and that a per day $3 bus ride can afford me unlimited time on the van. He and my mother is the biggest supportor of me driving a kangoo to school.

Dad is considering to scrap this 2nd hand yellow kangoo for a new Berlingo. Same kind of "kangoo". He was even "joking on getting 2, so the family do not have to fight over the van on weekends. Haha!!! But I know the limits. If he did buy 2, that is a great financial gift to us, or to me at least. I am grateful even now with this lovely yellow turtle of mine. Because I know I do not deserve to have a personal vehicle at such an age. And that whatever I have is because of my parent's love for me.

Thanks dad!! Today, I am a part-time driver for my grandma and maid on their road trips to supermarkets, or to fetch my brother from SIM in the nights etc. But I love doing it. Because I love my family.