Google

Monday, April 30, 2007

Recently I went on a fishing trip. Before I know it, my bestest advertising buddy yuhong blogged about me! This is a 'cut and paste' from his blog:

Some Fishing Outing.Yesterday my university mate Daniel went on a fishing trip with his church
friends. I found this immediately interesting for at least two reasons. The
first thought that flashed in my head was "There's fish in Singapore?" Oh. They
had to take some boat. Alright.But why would Christians want to fish?I don't
know about you, but fishing sounds as unnecessarily cruel as far as group
outings go. Have you ever caught some poor fish and looked at the wound? (Well,
I have, but let's not go personal here.) Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't
come up with one single good reason to adopt fishing as a hobby. There are
countless more humane ways to build patience and character and group chemistry,
and none of them involve cutting a hook through the throats of fishes and
watching them bleed to death. The idea of Christians going fishing is as weird
as Nazis doing community service. How can this group possibly justify the
fishing trip? It's not a rhetorical question. Like Scott Adams would say, I
actually wonder about the answer. If I were Daniel, I could come up with a few
explanations:- The Bible didn't say I can't fish.- Those big fish were eating up
the small fish. I'm saving the world.- And those small fish would be eaten by
the big fish anyway. Makes no difference who does the killing.- I bet Jesus
fished at the Mediterranean too.- This fish I caught is the reincarnation of
Judas.- This world is a filthy place. I'm doing the fish a favour by sending
them to heaven.I can imagine a noble way of fishing. Daniel can pull out every
fish he catches and baptize them, so that the fish now becomes eligible for
entry upstairs. Then he can proceed to cook them.Now that's a good reason to
fish.


I pray that God will forgive what he had typed. We all forgive him right? He is clearly in the wrong and he is too weak to admit it. Lets all forgive him shall we? Cmmon! Forgive him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home