Google

Friday, October 20, 2006


Singapore, Singapore Management University (SMU) - Darnie Network Star X.clusive managed to catch up with renowed musician Daniel Lin over coffee at the Singapore Management University today. At 24 years of age, Daniel had performed on the keyboards to as much as a 7,000 strong audience. His audience include Banyan Tree Chairman Mr Ho Kwon Ping, SMU President Mr Howard Hunter as well as Dr Magaret Chan, famous for her tagline, "I'll crush you like a c'roach."

The interview was a high hearted affair as this 24 yr old certainly had a young heart.

Q: How did you come to play the piano?
A: I guess the artist Yanni inspired me. His performance at the acropolis make me went wow..and I decided I want to play the piano. So I picked it up myself.

Q: Jitters when playing?
A: Not really... I've played to 7000. But I guess if I had to play to my someone special... i would have my heart in my shoes. Hahaha.

Q: Anyone special?
A: Not really... I guess I am pretty dense? Someone said that about me. I dunno if I am attractive enough. SMU or church is pretty competitive and the guys just get better, and the gals choosier. I just hope my piano playing can melt some hearts. *grinz*

Q: Any upcoming performances?
A: On the 28th Oct, i will be performing with Janiel for Virtuoso finals. Last year, we were the champion team. We hope we can make history again. It is both our last year in SMU.

Q: Dreams for the world?
A: All will bow and worship Jesus.

Q: Lastly, encouraging words for people?
A: We all are not perfect. I lose to other people in many ways. But I have a talent that is my own precious treasure. You will have one if you take time to discover. It can be looks, but it can be an attitude or a skill. Be happy about yourself. Life is what you make it out to be. We all die at a certain age. Nothing is certain, only death. So, go and make a difference and make someone happy.

Daniel appeals for all to support him and jamiel in the upcoming competition. To know more about Daniel, visit his website at darnie.blogspot.com

Reporting by Jared Samuelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home