Google

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pack My Room Day

Nothing can be more fufilling, seriously, than packing your room. I know. Many of you who are reading this now are feeling guilty. You must be thinking, "Pack my room? Are you nuts? Who packs his room?" That's the problem. Despite having the luxury of time, very little of us treat our room like we deserve it.

We spend about 1/4 to 1/3 of our life sleeping; mostly in our bedroom. Some of us make a fortune inside there. Some of us get our As inside there. Some of us make babies inside there. Some of us met our first love inside there. Some of us watch TV inside there. Some of us read our favourite books inside there. See. Our room is our palace. Treat it well. Pack it.

The above picture shows my newly arranged and packed wardrobe. Hanging on the left are my ties. Going to need alot of it if my hotel employs me. Hanged from left to right: Slacks, Jeans, Black Pants, Long-sleeved shirts, Short-sleeved shirts, Polos, sweaters, Jackets. Below are stacked my shorts, towels and t-shirts. Left to right as well. 2 boxes hold my underwears, belts and singlets. Next to it are my polos as well. The most bottom level holds my weights, bedsheets and other miscellaneous items.

I spend alot of time at my workstation. Plenty of space for books, magazines and folders as you can see. From IKEA if you are asking. Lights are added by myself. You can look for your favourite light assessories and install it on the workstation. In order to make it condusive (think the opposite of your workplace in the office), I use warm lights, boxes, frames and other decorating items to 'spice' up the corners. Notice the neatly stacked magazines on the left (slanted). It adds 'body' to the workstation. It is all about playing with space.

I bought a chair from IKEA as my working chair. Turns out that it is extremely uncomfortable. It is too hard for my bottom. However, IKEA sells cushions. I simply picked one that had the correct dimension to fit neatly onto it. There you go. $10 for a long way of comfort. Thinking cap, my dear.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home