Google

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I know I've not been blogging. It is never that I do not want to. It is only because I just cannot find time to do it. For awhile now, I have a persistant headache no less severe than that of those suffering from brain tumor. I have pain in my chest no less than those suffering from heart attack. I have pain in my waist no lesser than that of those with appen.... err..I do not know how to spell it. If I am a dying man, how then should I live my final and shortened days?

Makes me wonder how some people hold such optimism towards life. Not too long ago, there was a report on a particular lady who had to fight breast cancer. With the fact of limited days, she was a victor in terms of cherishing and living life to the fullest, even better than normal people do. Her story touched many lives as can be seen from the in flux of letters commenting her as an inspiring person.

Just what is "life"? Funny it may seem, but it starts to dawn on me that is it really important to walk a life of 70/80+ odd years because that is the normal length? Do we crumble if we know that we will never be able to take a chance at what normal is and can only be given a tiny fraction of it? Then why are some people living with such great optimisn in life when they know they are given just that - a tiny fraction? Did they say to the heavens why it is so unfair? Or did they think that it does not matter seriously if they did not get the pie of the same size?

Some people are just so inspiring! In SMU, we have 3 or 4 students who are wheel-chair bound. The only thing is that - their life is not. They cherish life and made it through the odds and achieved their dream of studying in SMU. I am not surprised that they will be doing very well academically! I feel I can learn so much from them! If only I knew them personally. I am sure I can learn from them what it is to fight on and live a life that could be different but yet meaningfully.

The brothers whom are wheel-chair bound have with them their parents whom dedicated much of their time to help them around SMU. I always see the father especially around school, strolling with his son(s). Once in a while, I see the mother too. It is a very touching sight. Sometime, I will see the dad standing alone waiting for his sons. It must have been weird just stading there and looking at the student population walk past while he as an adult stood there at a spot. But I saw something. I saw a person filled with love waiting for his precious son, whatever it takes! If I have the chance of experiencing something great in SMU, it would be to sit with them and the family and have a great chat! Seriously, I can never forget the moment when I saw the dad standing alone there. There is just so much love!

Life do not have to be the way it seems to be. There are people who can tell you that.

2 Comments:

Blogger mandarin_orange said...

Yep yep... these people are like "magnesium ribbon" (pardon the chemical terminiology), who, though, have a short life span, give out bright and beautiful sparks in the lives of those around them. =D

1:11 AM  
Blogger Darnie Pig said...

nice terminology..haha

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home