Google

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I never thought I would be as lonely as Jinfu

So the story goes:

It was a day of spending time alone, or with strangers as one might say.

My body awoke to the daylight at 7am. I took a hot shower and walked into the living room and took breakfast, coffee and bread and 'chue-kueh', while watching TV. Television was showing a Pyramid city for Japan in future on Discovery Channel. Then it was "I should not have lived". This show was about a man who lost his leg and arm, but lived for a cause in life. Motivated me.

Then it was off to the swimming pool with the national newspaper. Adjusted myself so I would glory in sun with maximum efficiency. Apart from a couple of flies and birds, the breeze hit my skin gently as I browsed through the papers, knowing so much about the world, but could not do anything to alter anything at all. *except my 1 vote if there is a General Election at my precint*

Then it was back home to take a quick bite for lunch and shower. Once in a while, I would have to make sure my 6months old nephew do not drive his 'bmw' into the kitchen. Also, it was making sure he does not suck his thumb as if it was KFC.

Then, it was the one man journey to Parkway Parade for the one man shopping experience. I walked into the shopping centre, not remembering when was the last time i shopped for something serious. It could be back when i was in JC. I walked into and headed straight to GOLDLION, tried on 2 shirts. Fits ok but not perfect. Bought it anyway. The first person to talk to me today was this sweet sales girl who helped me open the shirt and let me try. Then she packed it back nicely for me to pay. Sweet. Then another sales girl took me to choose my pants. Tried 29 but decided for 30 instead. Looks good. Bought it. Would most probably need altering of the length. I am not tall. Paid for all.

Then went to purchase 2 ties. $10 each. Cheap. Wanted to buy a cufflink but remembered I bought a set for my brother but he never used it and would most probably be thrown somewhere in the room. So I am going to take it back and use for myself. Isn't it great? You buy something, to fufill some other purpose and in the end use it for yourself!

Clad with 2 huge ISETAN paper bags, I went to have a lonelt haircut in the cold rainy day @ SPEED CUT. Slot in my $10 note and this card slides out. Waited for my turn. This young and friendly young chap cut my hair and chatted about my hair, about it being dyed and looking curly. Heehee. At last it was done. No one had cut my hair better than he did. And it was really fast!

ADVERTISMENT: Speed Cut @ Parkway Marine Parade, foot of the overhead bridge from ROXY Hotel. Fast and good cut! Friendly people too!

Then it was off to Katong Laksa. So I ate a $4 laksa and Lime Juice alone in the cold cold rainy afternoon beside the small alley. Then after feeling full, I stood alone at the bus-stop and waited for bus 14.

I never thought I would be as lonely as Jinfu. But think of it, I am alone, but not lonely.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home