Google

Friday, July 21, 2006

How Pan Pacific are You? Wahahaha. How Faith Community Baptist Church are you!?!?!? AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!

Frankly speaking, I have 11 more working days before my internship ends with the Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel. I repeat again, I am an Marketing / Corp Comms student doing HR internship! Wahahah! I am going to post my impression and feelings about my internship, as well as make a record of the events *Bloody SMU needs a REPORT after internship on the internship!* bloody waste time!

Anyway, Jinfu made a very good impression with Chooi Li during the walk-in-interview excercise, just that maybe Jinfu is not suitable for the Executive Floor yet. Ah Fu strength is more in the Events management like concerts and stuffs like that. Putting Ah Fu in the hotel will be wasting his talent. The funny thing is Jinfu went for an interview with Priscilla again one day, and I think Jinfu said he screwed it up!!! Wahahahaah! Anyway, he did not even know what position he was interviewed for!!!!! *Bang Head* Anyway, Jinfu will not survive HR department one la. Not you right, Jinfu??!!? Ah Fu wish u all the best! Anyway Chooi Li thinks you are REALLY funny! Hehehehhee....

Did I also mention I recieved a letter from the General Manager to appreciate me for the Family Day. That piece of paper is going into my Testimonial File man! Seriously I dunno I will kena this kind of blessing. Wahahahahaha!

Frankly the internship is taxing me alot in terms of my energy and sleep. Not to mention going back to school, G12 meetings and church rehearsals after work! Xiaoyu mentioned that after all the Free Food in Pan Pacific hotel, I still did not put on weight! HOW TO PUT ON WEIGHT!!!??? If I adopt the right attitude, I am having more work because my boss trust me, and my collegues think I am the best person to do the job! Wahahahahaah! My artistic talent is really putting itself to damn good use here. My Director once introduced me to this Corporate person Simon Griffith I think. Not sure what his name really is, but at least he knows I did a damn good job in that posters we used for the work in interview. Dun belive you can ask Jinfu about it. HE SAW IT! Past posters put up by my department really sucks! wahahahah... they need to employ full time people like me to spice up those internal marcomm man!..heh! $7.50/h sounds good! Anyone wanna take up?

So far, I did alot of posters for many events. The most recent is the IMF countdown, everyday, I am reminding the Pan Pacific family to count down to hell!...ehem...i mean the IMF challenge. Wahaha. Although Vicky says it is too simple...i argued with her that not all things must be complex... SHOW DUN TELL..... how many people will look at your details when they walk past the board to have their duty meals?!?!!??! too many people think too shallow, they frankly dun understand the real meaning to effective advertising! I am confident in all my works! So far no complains yet. I even mentioned to my direct boss how much the corporate green powerpoint template SUCKS to the core, before she remembered that the hotel came up with a new white themed template for the PPT. Crap, they are paying thousands to marketing executives to do work that a trainee from SMU can think of?!?!?!?!!?!? *just joking* In future, I might wanna work in the Corporate office for this hotel...damn cool. The Director of Marketing is a pretty nice ang moh, very friendly!

I really made alot of good friends in Pan Pacific internship. That is what is good about me doing HR. Most of my SMU friends are stuck to their cubicles, but I go round the hotel, meeting alot of people and also seeing alot of the hotel operation! I know more than just my immediate collegues! I know the engineering people, the kitchen people, the front office people, the restaurant people, the executive office people, the toilet cleaners, the housekeepers, the security people and so on. This experiece is definately better than many other interns at those big companies. Many of those I know, are managers, some chief, some directors etc.... shiok! I also get to know MARINA SQUARE inside out! I know where the best coffee is served!!! Killiney sells KOPI at $1.10. This coffee is darker and thicker than the one at Marina Loft. It cost $1.00 only. That is the difference. Both are equally good to me i think, good in its own ways!

The best part is my director brought me so far to the Atrium and Brunch to talk and makan. The Atrium wasted, because I only asked for plain water. Last time when I did a project with PPS, we were treated to the Cabanna but I asked only for Coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pengz! But recently after the presentation, she brought me to Brunch to eat some expensive brunch meal. The sausage damn big!!!!!!!! I can imagine Walter, the master butcher, doing all this wonderful food! The only thing is I have no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. What can $500 a month do??..wahahhaah. But my boss treated me la...damn nice. My hard work in the office paid off! She mentioned I work the hardest! OF COURSE I WORK THE HARDEST! although everyday I am always late for about 10min, EVERYDAY I am the last few to go off!!!!! Many days I leave together with the last batch of collegues!

My last event to enjoy is the PIE gathering. I think is to welcome the new people and farewell to people like the trainees etc. I SERIOUSLY HOPE WE CAN GO HTL!!!!!!!!!! It is my last dream before I leave Pan Pacific! We got a D&D, the only thing i think is trainees are not allowed to win prizes. Stupid, I work as hard if not harder than normal staffs... why so bias?

Too bad I cannot enjoy the new PIE office! DAMN! I also help to oversee the renovation project. My art skills came in and I did many floor plan but all change and change because of feng-shui!!! If I have the budget, I will buy alot of new sofa and soft furnishing! Use halogen lights, paintings, fabrics blah blah. This chief Engineer got a sports car! I sat in his sports car when we went to see furnitures! Damn powerful...he change gear then car will fly! My dream!

11 days! Cannot believe it. My director offered me part-time contract, but as i shared with some of them, I cannot find time. Did I mentioned I decided to serve in Boys Brigade? Also to attend G12 regularly now! It is time to go back to God! I think I will need time to rest and do school work and all these church stuffs. No point go back and do half-half job. No value-added. Althoug $7.50 is a good rate, but time just dun permits. In fact , I really wish through part timing, I can get into the corporate office etc to work in Marketing, Marcomm or strategic planning etc. There is this guy Malvine who rose from nothing to the top strategist for the hotel. I aspire to be him!!!!

The Church leaders camp coming!!!! I attended the first G12 meeting of Gin Hin last wed! I am doing powerpoint for them for the camp finale!!!! Wahahahah... I am granted special pass to attend this camp because I am leading no one yet! Hehe....power! I hope to kick start my engine!!! going back to serve!!!! serving as musician not enough! Need to serve the People!!!! Going to see if Boys Brigade or Touch Kids works. God show me the way!

Collin stay near to me so some days, I get a ride. So blessed am I!!!!!

I dunno, but I have 11 more working days and I felt alot of memories.... from the first day when I walked in to all the accomplishment that i have so far and the progress in my walk with God...I dunno what to say..

Thank you Jesus for blessing me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Darnie Pig said...

Amen man!!!!!!!!! Wohooooooooooooo

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home